The Libertarian Futurist Society offers the annual Prometheus Award to the e-book it deems the very best libertarian-themed speculative-fiction novel of the previous yr. This yr’s finalists:
• The Company Wars: Dissidence, by Ken MacLeod (Orbit)
• The Company Wars: Insurgence, by Ken MacLeod (Orbit)
• The Mandibles: A Household, 2029-2047, by Lionel Shriver (HarperCollins)
• The Core of the Solar, by Johanna Sinisalo (translated by Lola Rogers) (Grove Press/Black Cat)
• Blade of p’Na, by L. Neil Smith (Phoenix Decide)
For capsule descriptions of these books—and for a listing of the nominees that did not make the finalist reduce—go right here.
I’ve learn precisely zero of those novels, so I will not categorical any preferences. However my colleague Katherine Mangu-Ward hasn’t simply learn The Mandibles; she interviewed the writer. To learn that dialog, go right here. I spoke with the writer of these Company Wars books approach again in 2000; to learn that interview, go right here. For a listing of previous Prometheus winners, go right here. And to see what’s up for the Libertarian Futurist Society’s different annual prize—the Corridor of Fame Award—go right here.